Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Sat Feb 1 04:55:21 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 07:53, Gerard Beekmans wrote...

> It has potential. If it actually works (we'll make it work) I want it in the
> book. I recommend not spending effort in hint'ing it, but making it into a
> format that can be included in the book right away.
>
> Then again, there's no way we will have this done, debugged and tested before
> the next book release.

I'd say it would be better to delay the book release until this build method
is implemented in the book. Otherwise you find yourself increasing the
book's version *again* to 6.0 in two or three months.

Alternatively, call the current CVS book LFS 4.1, not 5.0.

Bye,
Oliver
--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon   | Reg. Linux User #198843            http://counter.li.org