lilo 22.4.1 needs nasm

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Feb 2 07:04:25 PST 2003

"Manfred H. Winter" <mahowi at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:bl9j1b-vf1.ln at zaphod.mahowi.de...
> Hi!
>
> I've installed the latest CVS version of LFS (20030129), but I used
> version 22.4.1 of lilo, which is the latest one. It needs nasm to be
> installed, which is not in the book.
>
> So, for newer versions of lilo, nasm has to be added to the book, or
you
> should switch to grub.

Please check the archives in future.  This has been discussed to death
numerous times already.  The NASM dependency was the reason behind
sticking with the same version of LILO, and Gerard has already stated
that the book will switch to grub some time in the not too distant
future.

Regards,

Matthew Burgess.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org