Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 14:54:31 PST 2003

Zack Winkles wrote:

> the only reason we discovered it is because we're the only people on the
> whole freakin' planet who don't use H J Lu's binutils. maybe that will
> change soon....

I cannot agree with you.  I doubt many people know of H J Lu's binutils,
and there is nothing to tell people to use this.  Most people/companies
just download the latest versions from GNU.

I would put down hard cash type money to bet that there will be broken
systems and distros in the near future.  It is human nature to get the
latest and greatest; and just look at the trap ahead.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org