Pure LFS - latest work in progress

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon Feb 3 16:38:55 PST 2003

Richard Lightman wrote:
>>   - remainder of Chapter 5 packages
> * You can skip bzip2, patch and tar if you unpack the sources with the
>   host's tools.

Maybe not, when building glibc it modifies its base source directory,
generally a good idea to unpack it again for the second build. I suppose we
could unpack it again sometime in ch5, but sometimes I stuff things up
during ch6 and its nice to have the tools around...

Other points noted, will fire off another build tonight (ch5 packages are
still up in the air a bit, the posting in "Lessons learned... " is just a
base reference... )

BTW Richard, have you got a hint or something published yet for this
symlink forest method ?

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org