Patch Comments! - After much delay

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 3 21:21:55 PST 2003

On January 21, 2003 06:48 pm, Mark Lee wrote:
> kbd patch:
> -------------
> There are 8 programs included in the kbd package, but not installed by
> default (screendump, setlogcons, setvesablank, spawn_console, spawn_login,
> getunimap, clrunimap, and outpsfheader). 5 of these programs are either
> dangerous, deprecated, or just not meant to be used, but the other 3
> (setlogcons, setvesablank, getunimap) are quite useful. This patch changes
> the
> src/Makefile.in to install these 3 programs by default.

That's good info to have that the 5 others are dangerous, etc. But, who are we
to decide what is dangerous and not? Deprecated I can agree with. But we
should at least be more verbose with the explanation which files are
deprecated and what repaces it. And we should also explain what exactly is so
dangerous about the others.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org