Patch for MAKEDEV Script

Michel Hermier michel.hermier at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 4 02:39:31 PST 2003

Hi,
I was thinking to make a more heavy work on the script, that will implies a
lot of changes in the big switch case structure. The way that I think to
rewrite it whould make, the script more slow(because of more recursive
calls), but more easy to maintain, regarding to the
linux/Documentation/device.txt file. Do you think that I can start to work on
it, and send patches.

I also thinks, it's a pitty that the kernel doesn't provides any standard tool
(afaik) to build the devices.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org