GCC: --with-slibdir

Kelledin kelledin+LFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 4 11:10:16 PST 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 10:15 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> The book adds the above switch when configuring gcc. On my
> system none of the root partition files link against libgcc.
> So the switch *may* be invalid.
>
> If the switch is to be left in the book, then an explaination
> for the switch needs to be added.

Ditto here.  Even on my fully loaded, beyond-BLFS system, none of
the files in /bin, /sbin, or /lib link against the gcc libraries
(except, of course, for the gcc libraries themselves ;).  Some
stuff (specifically C++ stuff) links against them, but that
stuff isn't on the root partition.

I say we move the libraries to /usr/lib.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org