lilo 22.4.1 needs nasm

Adam Trilling agt10 at columbia.edu
Tue Feb 4 15:37:52 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, archaic wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, why would anyone optimize a bootloader? You're
> not going to see a difference in speed. And on such a small package,
> you're not going to see anything useful in the way of disk space savings
> either.

Because grub, like any well-behaved package, reads $CFLAGS, and I forgot
to unset $CFLAGS before I configured it.

The reason this discussion is on-topic in the first place is that grub
needs a reminder to unset $CFLAGS before you build it, like gcc, glibc,
binutils, etc (all of which work well optimized for me, btw :) ).

Adam Trilling
agt10 at columbia.edu
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org