Duplicate (almost) text in chap 6 vim

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Tue Feb 4 16:59:26 PST 2003

I wasn't sure which should go and which should stay, and my track record
on patches has been a little spotty, so I just show it tou you here.

The meaning of the make option is:

  * CPPFLAGS=-DSYS_VIMRC_FILE=\\\"/etc/vimrc\\\": This option above
    causes vim to look for the /etc/vimrc file which contains vim's
    global settings. Normally, this file is assumed to be located in
    /usr/share/vim, but we feel that /etc is a more logical place for
    this kind of file.

The CPPFLAGS option above causes vim to look for the /etc/vimrc file

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org