GCC: --with-slibdir

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 4 20:33:28 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:15:07AM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>The book adds the above switch when configuring gcc. On my system none
>>of the root partition files link against libgcc. So the switch *may* be
>>invalid.
>>
>>If the switch is to be left in the book, then an explaination for the
>>switch needs to be added.
>>

>http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/07/0029.html

I am pretty sure the binutils I was using was post 2.12 since this
happened sometime around Christmas. Guess I must have hit a problem
similar to the GAS_HIDDEN bug and hence the binutils must have been
built without detecting PT_GNU_EH_FRAME. Dunno! Anyways...

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org