libz fails to link to program

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 5 08:15:59 PST 2003

Michel Hermier wrote:

>>X should be built to link against the system installed libraries, the
>>book links against system installed zlib and freetype.
>>

>What section I don't find any referance to XFree in the LFS book. (only
>sh-utils)

First this is not related to lfs-dev, I replied mistakenly thinking it
was on blfs-support. Also don't send me replies directly, post to the list.

The OP mentioned he had problems compiling libwmf. You interpretation
was correct, it may have to do with the fact that he has two
incompatible zlibs installed, one in /usr as per the LFS book and the
other in /usr/X11R6 installed with Xfree86. The solution is to no use
the XFree86 included freetype and zlib but instead link against the
system installed ones.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/