Duplicate (almost) text in chap 6 vim

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 5 11:47:37 PST 2003

On February 5, 2003 12:37 pm, Jack Brown wrote:
> is there some reason that make CPPFLAGS='-DSYS_VIMRC_FILE=\"/etc/vimrc\"'
> wouldn't work?

I can't remember it has been a long time since we made this change and
investigated it. I ran a quick test and the gcc command produced by your
recommendation is identical to the one with the many backslashes.

I don't know if there are any other caveats. The single quote solution is the
simplest solution and I find it very hard to believe that nobody had thought
of it before.

It's worth reinvestigating. It's in bugzilla as bug #487

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org