GCC 3.2.2

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Feb 6 16:34:12 PST 2003

torston wrote:
> libstdc++ is the problem.  Mozilla binary is compiled againt it
> dynamically,
> obviously not the version with my compiler.  I just create a symlink,
> and
> mozilla seems to be happy.

Theres a few ways around it that can help keep you sane...

Firstly if you compile gcc with --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs the
libs all end up in separate directories for each different version of gcc.

Normally I place the location of the new libraries from my newly built
compiler into ld.so.conf.

You can override this on a case by case basis later with a wrapper passing
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to whatever requires the use of the old c++ libs if you
have any issues with the new ones...

Regards
Ryan Oliver

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org