Pure LFS - latest work in progress

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Feb 7 20:40:23 PST 2003

After establishing rudimentary scripts that have successfully installed
LFS CVS 20030205, I am attempting to set up for test of the 'pure'
procedure that Greg and Ryan have developed. Around line 464 is the
following sequence, except the MUA wrapped the third line.

    export SPECFILE=/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1/specs &&
    cp ${SPECFILE} ./XX &&
    sed 's@/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/stage1/lib/ld-linux.so.2 at g' ./XX \
        > ${SPECFILE} &&
    unset SPECFILE &&
    rm -f ./XX

Minor, but I believe the export of SPECFILE is wasted. I see nothing
starting sub-shells or programs that would take advanatge of it.

BTW, is there version associated with your html doc? I would like to be
able to pick up changes as they become available so that I may help in
some small way in the testing and verification of the procedures.
AFAICS, right now I would have to diff to see if there were changes,
because I just do a curl to pick it up without looking first.

I have left my base CVS 20030205 version more or less 'pristine' so if
any diffs or whatnots are needed...

BTW, in order to reduce my chance of scrogging my base install scripts,
I am using an acronym other than LFS. Thought you might enjoy it. I
combined Greg and Oliver & LFS to yield GOLFS. See you at the 19th hole!

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org