Pure LFS - latest work in progress

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 8 04:50:59 PST 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:40:23PM -0500, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> After establishing rudimentary scripts that have successfully installed
> LFS CVS 20030205, I am attempting to set up for test of the 'pure'
> procedure that Greg and Ryan have developed. Around line 464 is the
> following sequence, except the MUA wrapped the third line.
>
>     export SPECFILE=/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1/specs &&
>     cp ${SPECFILE} ./XX &&
>     sed 's@/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/stage1/lib/ld-linux.so.2 at g' ./XX \
>         > ${SPECFILE} &&
>     unset SPECFILE &&
>     rm -f ./XX
>
> Minor, but I believe the export of SPECFILE is wasted. I see nothing
> starting sub-shells or programs that would take advanatge of it.

Thanks Bill. You're prob' right. I'll test and amend accordingly.

> BTW, is there version associated with your html doc? I would like to be
> able to pick up changes as they become available so that I may help in
> some small way in the testing and verification of the procedures.
> AFAICS, right now I would have to diff to see if there were changes,
> because I just do a curl to pick it up without looking first.

Hrm, that's the trouble with this still being a "work in progress". I really
want to get this to the stage where it can be published with the rest of the
hints then we can provide proper changelogs at each update. Maybe we put
this out in the open a bit too early but Gerard specifically did request it.
And I think it has been good that we did, as we have received plenty of
useful feedback.

> I have left my base CVS 20030205 version more or less 'pristine' so if
> any diffs or whatnots are needed...
>
> BTW, in order to reduce my chance of scrogging my base install scripts,
> I am using an acronym other than LFS. Thought you might enjoy it. I
> combined Greg and Oliver & LFS to yield GOLFS. See you at the 19th hole!

lol

I'm a keen golfer so I can relate to that :)

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org