An idea: isolate libs [was: Pure LFS]

Steve Martin srm at netcomuk.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 04:56:26 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 12:31, Greg Schafer wrote:
>snip<
> > Acheiving 'Purity'
> > ==================
>
> <interesting stuff snipped>
>
> The way the current hint is working. The first 2 passes are done in Ch 5 and
> the third pass happens in Ch 6. Thus the 3 iterations.
>
> Well, thats the theory anyway :)

Yes, I gathered that  but my thought was that you will then be building
chapter 5 with a technically impure toolchain, thus all the chapter 6
tools will be built from/with/by impure tools.  I know this is really
anal but there is pure and there is further pure!
--
Steve Martin <srm at netcomuk.co.uk>

Still can't think of anything witty to write here.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org