More gcc/glibc weirdness

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat Feb 8 08:30:01 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:32:23 +1100 Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is basically a follow up to the "Building Glibc Twice - Some
> Analysis" post I made back in December.
>
> Whilst looking at all this purity stuff I've managed to stumble upon the
> answer for one of the unanswered questions in that post. In particular,
> the HAVE_DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO define from config.h.
>
> To recap some of that post:-
>

> "-#define HAVE_DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO 1 <--- inside the blank chroot
> +/* #undef HAVE_DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO */ <--- on a "normal" system
>
>   This one looks a bit scary. Affected files are elf/sofini.c and
>   elf/soinit.c. This is hard core ELF stuff which I have not much hope
>   of understanding. But there seems no doubt that different code WILL be
>   generated which is the worry."

Have you checked whether HAVE_DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO is or is not defined in
the second case. Notice that the #undef is commented out, so it's not
actually being #undef'd. It could be that on a normal system the
HAVE_DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO is already imported from somewhere else and
doesn't need to be #defined.

MSB

--
Good code doesn't need to be commented.