An idea: isolate libs [was: Pure LFS]

Steve Martin srm at netcomuk.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 09:35:36 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 15:37, Rui Ferreira wrote:
> Steve Martin wrote:
>
> > I have attached a little doc which attempts to explain the magic number
> > 3 iterations; I think that clarifies why 3 iterations are necessary and
>snip loads of interesting stuff<
> The third stage is still required, but bootstraping gcc as it's benefits!

Indeed, I was simply commenting that it leads to excessive build times
with a bootstrap at every compile as we obstensibly doing the work of
the bootstrap over the three phases.  Also I would build glibc with just
the linux headers at every pass which, according to the glibc docs,
removes any dependancy on any pre-existing c library, so chrooting is
unnecessary.

--
Steve Martin <srm at netcomuk.co.uk>

Still can't think of anything witty to write here.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org