An idea: isolate libs [was: Pure LFS]

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at sapo.pt
Sat Feb 8 12:08:19 PST 2003

Steve Martin wrote:
>>snip loads of interesting stuff<

Interesting? It was the same thing that you wrote but in the way I saw it!

> the bootstrap over the three phases.  Also I would build glibc with just
> the linux headers at every pass which, according to the glibc docs,
> removes any dependancy on any pre-existing c library, so chrooting is
> unnecessary.

But you do need to staticly compile the systems utilities so that they
continue to work after the library to which they were compiled against is
gone, right?

Chrooting seems unnecessary, but isn't it safer or pure to start with the
cleanest, most controled environment possible?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org