libgcc_s.so.1

Jack Brown jbrown at kmts.ca
Sat Feb 8 15:42:40 PST 2003

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 05:52:38 -0600, Greg Schafer wrote:

> Bzzt. You obviously haven't been reading the pure LFS stuff and thus
> learned all about linker scripts and their search paths :-)  ld looks in
> /lib as well as /usr/lib. Check the ldscripts and see for yourself.
>

> Greg

While its true that having the *.so symlinks in /lib won't break the
system, /usr/lib is the proper place for them, since they aren't needed
for boot up, only when compiling packages, so in some sense this is still
a bug, howver now as serious as what the OP implied. For my part I
install the whole shebang into /usr/lib.

Jack Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org