More gcc/glibc weirdness

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 8 18:39:07 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 04:18:28PM +0000, James Iwanek wrote:
> i dont think this is the issue - when i did the build last night i was
> watching all the configure scripts run (scroll lock is so usefull ;-) ) and
> i definantly remember seeing that message - so while i dissagree with
> changing --dissable-shared in ch5 i really think that we need to change our
> toolchain build method (there are just way too many anomilies for this to
> be coincidence)

So you'd rather see the next LFS release go out with an obvious (possibly
minor) bug? Your logic makes no sense to me.. or maybe you don't realise the
exact meaning of the switch. http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html has
some more info.

You kept logs of your builds right? Pls show us the outout of the:-

checking for DWARF2 unwind info support...

for the 1st and 2nd glibc builds.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org