An idea: isolate libs [was: Pure LFS]

Steve Martin srm at netcomuk.co.uk
Sun Feb 9 09:25:22 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 13:19, Steve Martin wrote:
> Okay, it looks as if we could do with some clarification here on our
> points of reference.  The book divides the construction of an LFS system
> into two distinct phases, chapters 5 and 6, which we will henceforth
> refer to as stage1 and stage2. Below I will delineate my understanding
> of the build methods (and please correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> snip <
>
> My experiment
> snip <

Okay, I'm convinced, experiment over.  Back to doing it Gregs' and
Ryans' way - with the addition of 3 passes of the entire toolchain
before building the rest of stage1, and without the mount --bind (has to
be addressed ;)

--
Steve Martin <srm at netcomuk.co.uk>

Still can't think of anything witty to write here.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org