An idea: isolate libs [was: Pure LFS]

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Sun Feb 9 15:31:06 PST 2003

Steve Martin wrote:
> My experiment
> =============
> I'm reluctant to be discussing this at this stage as I have a long way
> to go with verifying that the results are as I expect.  However, in the
> interests of giving us at least a basis for discussion, here goes:
<SNIPPAGE>

Sounds feasible, and looks like a bit of fun...
I'll have a play with this as well, lord knows I need a slight diversion
after the last coupla months :-)

It is definitely possible to accomplish the build without a chroot, but
IMHO using the chroot just avoids possible issues with stuff linking
against the system libs, and you don't have to be anywhere near as picky
and thorough on the build order...

But like I said, sounds like a bit of fun :-D

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org