Revised LFS-4.1 release notes

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Feb 10 12:18:41 PST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Just got off the phone with my boss at cheapbytes.com and finished discussing
> what needs to be done. There are two things that need to be added to the book
> before it can be sent to the printers.
>
> First thing is an index at the end of the book. A tech book without an index
> is kind of 'weird' so to speak and I've been asked to add one. So I'll have
> to figure out how to do this. No way we should maintain an index manually.
> I'm not sure how to go about this in an XML format, but I am fairly certain
> there are good tools to do this in LaTeX.

Ptx - a venerable tool that is underused. It's not fancy, but it's
output should be easily integrated since it comes from the daus of
rof/nroff/troff

I much prefer this permuted index over the standard style.

Ptx has flags to output tex directives and can also to 'traditional'
ptx work.

<snip>

--
Bill Maltby