the physical book...

James Spinks jspinks at spamcop.net
Mon Feb 10 13:58:15 PST 2003

jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu wrote:
>>Just a thought, but in the proposed 'physical' lfs book, could we list
>>the first couple hundred lfs users or something?
>
> Probably not fair to the people that weren't quick enough to register.
> Plus, then there comes the question of if it should be chronological
> order, lfs id, people who regular #lfs and the mailing lists, etc.
> Better just to list the editors, and lump everyone else under "The
> LFS Community".
>
> -James Smaby (aka, jsmaby, lfs id #15 (so maybe just list the first 25 :P ))

Yep, your right... lfs id is too fraught with problems, #lfs is problematic
as not all can use irc, mailing lists is ok...   your choice of 25 is a
better number, so how about the first 25 numerically registered lfs users
who have lfs version 1.0 listed as their first version...  sweet, I'm back
in the list again...   ;-)

Seriously though, my almost rampant use of smilies in this thread, leads me
to own up and suggest that the whole idea is a risky venture...  if Gerard
wants to thank people he lists then (editors are a good suggestion), if he
doesn't then he doesn't list them.  Setting a bar or criteria of any kind
will only serve to annoy/upset the many who just miss out.

--
James Spinks

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org