tempfile package

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 14:26:54 PST 2003

"Zack Winkles" <winkie093 at bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:20030210153200.513c58b1.winkie093 at bellsouth.net...
> Tushar Teredesai <tushar at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > I think Gerard meant mktemp and tempfile.
>
> gotcha. new tarball attached.

Why do we need to maintain mktemp?  The last version was only released
in November 2001 which is by no means old compared to some packages in
LFS.  I know there were a couple of posts a while ago saying it was
calling the wrong (i.e. insecure) version of a particular function, but
this is resolved by passing --with-libc to ./configure IIRC.  Just
thought I'd save someone the effort.  Maybe someone more knowledgable is
aware of particular bugs, or distro-specific patches that should be
applied.  However, looking at http://www.mktemp.org/bugs there's plenty
of activity going on for the sudo project so we know the author's still
alive and kicking.  Maybe those patches (if any) should be mailed to him
so as we can ascertain the current level of maintenance?

Regards,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org