Revised LFS-4.1 release notes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 10 15:47:16 PST 2003

On February 10, 2003 04:30 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Now all I need to figure out is how to convert docbook xml to .fo files.

Downloaded the docbook-xsl distribution from their sourceforge site (sorry
forgot URL right now) and unpacked it.

I ran: xsltproc -o lfs-book.fo \
	/usr/share/docbook-xsl/fo/docbook.xsl ~/lfs/index.xml

I ended up with a file "lfs-book.fo" allright, so I tried the next step,
converting it to a pdf using pdftex:

pdftex --interaction nonstopmode "&pdfxmltex" \
	lfs-book.fo

And no go here, running out of some kind of buffer:

gerard at lorien~/tmp/lfs-latex$ pdftex --interaction nonstopmode "&pdfxmltex"
lfs-
book.fo
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-0.12h (Web2C 7.2)
Sorry, I can't find the format `pdfxmltex.fmt'; will try `pdftex.fmt'.
(pdftex.cfg)<cm.map> (lfs-book.fo! Unable to read an entire
line---bufsize=30000.
Please increase buf_size in texmf.cnf.

And I tried increasing it. The maximum value it will allow is 30000. If I
enter a higher number, it just uses to 30000. But If I enter less, it does
mention that lower size in the output, so I definitely am editing the right
file and the right variable.

Anybody got some more ideas now?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org