Revised LFS-4.1 release notes

jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu
Mon Feb 10 20:01:00 PST 2003

> And I tried increasing it. The maximum value it will allow is 30000. If I
> enter a higher number, it just uses to 30000. But If I enter less, it does
> mention that lower size in the output, so I definitely am editing the right
> file and the right variable.

I believe that's a parameter that TeX is compiled with.  You'll have to
edit the tex.web file (or maybe tex.ch) and recompile.  The default memory
array sizes (too bad pascal didn't have a malloc() function) are set
for some rather old and dinosaur hardware (think early 80s), and need to
be increased in order to compile large books.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org