Revised LFS-4.1 release notes

Jochen Schroeder jschrod at uni-muenster.de
Tue Feb 11 04:02:27 PST 2003

Am Mon, 2003-02-10 um 21.33 schrieb Gerard Beekmans:
> On February 10, 2003 01:24 pm, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > Is the XML still under the Docbook DTD or did it get converted to LFSML?
>
> Still docbook.
>
> > If it's still in docbook then there's the <indexterm> element you can
> > wrap around any items you want put into the index.  Yes it's manual, but
> > it'd probably give much better control as to what gets placed in the
> > index in comparison to an automated tool.  See
>
> Manual takes too much time I think. It'll be a last resort in case automatic
> creation doesn't do a good job.

Having done an index for a book of my professor, I can just advise you
to do a manual index using something like \index in TeX (what I used) or
similar. I started of using a semi-automatic scheme, but it proved to be
a lot more work to revise the created index then it would've taken to
create the index manualy. The automatic index ends up quite useless, if
you don't revise it.
By the way, if you're going to use latex delatex foo.tex | sort -uf is
quite good to select the words you want to reference.

Just my 2-euro-cents
Jochen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org