storing SBU

torsten torsten at inetw.net
Tue Feb 11 15:22:49 PST 2003

On Tue the 11 Feb 2003 at 17 hours EST
BO wrote...
>torsten at inetw.net (torsten) writes:
>
>> Like we record the lfs version in /etc,
>> I'm wondering if we could also store the
>> SBU unit of time?
>>
>> This could be used in hints, to measure the
>> build time.
>
>Why would we store a number that never changes?

It does change.  My SBU is not the same as yours.
It is system-dependent.

Like in the lfs book, it is a good estimate of how long a compile takes.

For example, in the OpenOffice compile hint, is Tushar says his system
takes 12 hours on a PIII-850Mhz.  The first thing that came to mind was,
how many SBU's is that?

Thus, the request.  :)

Torsten
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org