Host distro for Building LFS

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Wed Feb 12 09:11:25 PST 2003

I hadn't been paying attention to the thread, but
came across that question and thought I knew the answer :-)

>>I think it might have been 24 bits.
>>
>>Steve
>
> The 386 SX could address 32 bit, but had a 16 bit wide front side bus.
> This to make it cheaper to implement (at the cost of performance)
> because less traces is less $$ :)

One other thing that might be a factor is the actual bus used in the
386sx days which I believe was the plain old AT bus.  I think
that was the 24 bits I mentioned (or at least I know it wasn't 32 bit).

Steve

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org