broken link in the book [obviously not ;-)]

James Iwanek chthon at chthon-uk.com
Wed Feb 12 13:14:52 PST 2003

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:

> Yo,
>
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 08:00:51PM +0000, Richard Lightman wrote:
>> Perhaps it is just some of the mirrors causing trouble today?
>
> Problably.  I'm not sure how SF has things setup, but it could be that
> they have a RR (round robbin) DNS setup for download.sf.net.  Would
> explain a few things.  I seem to get different results, if I wait a few
> minutes between queries, etc.

hmm, works for me now, very strange, it didnt work for me just after they
implemented the mirror system or earlier today- maybe its just my system
;-)

-----
Jay

ps: on the mention of strange things can anyone explain why when i use lynx
on the console it segfaults and when im in X it dosnt (it wasnt compiled to
use X btw)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org