More on Pure LFS

Jules Bjørn Colding JuBColding at yorkref.com
Thu Feb 13 05:33:56 PST 2003

I am now trying to patch the gcc spec file immediately after having
build ch 6 glibc. Progress report will follow tomorrow.

This is how I do it:

gcc_spec ()
{
    if [ -z "$1" ]; then
	echo "No gcc executable, exiting..." 1>&2
	return 1
    fi
    local gcc_bin=$1
    readonly gcc_bin

    if [ -z "$2" ]; then
	echo "No sed executable, exiting..." 1>&2
	return 1
    fi
    local sed_bin=$2
    readonly sed_bin

    local ver_str=$($gcc_bin -v 2>&1 | $sed_bin -n 1p)
    local head="Reading specs from "
    local spec=${ver_str##$head}

    echo "$spec"

    return 0
}

<snip - glibc install..>

GCC_SPEC=$(gcc_spec gcc sed)
cp $GCC_SPEC $GCC_SPEC.XXX
sed -e s/"\/stage1\/lib\/ld-linux.so.2"/"\/lib\/ld-linux.so.2"/g $GCC_SPEC.XXX > $GCC_SPEC
rm -f $GCC_SPEC.XXX

--
  jules