fstat64 filesize problem

Kelledin kelledin+LFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 13 14:53:05 PST 2003

On Thursday 13 February 2003 04:39 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:26:13PM -0600, Kelledin wrote:
> > blowfish-crypt support, and I configure it with
> > --enable-kernel=2.4.0.
> >
> > BTW, do NOT use --enable-kernel=current, as it introduced
> > some obscure brokenness last time I tried it.
>
> This looks like FUD, What was the problem?

When I did that with my somewhat modified 2.4.18 kernel on x86,
it produced an /sbin/ldconfig that would never add anything to
/etc/ld.so.cache.  Unfortunately, I only discovered that when I
got around to installing XFree86 and added /usr/X11R6/lib to
ld.so.conf--redoing the entire system at that point was
annoying, to say the least.

Removing all my extra glibc patches and going back to
LFS-standard glibc (with --enable-kernel=current) didn't fix it.
Removing --enable-kernel completely, or paring it back to
--enable-kernel=2.4.0, fixed the problem.  I haven't hit any
other glibc brokenness since then.

Perhaps it's some brokenness in glibc, or perhaps it's some
brokenness specifically in my modified 2.4.18.  Even if it is
kernel brokenness, though, it kind of highlights that
--enable-kernel=current is not always a "safe" choice.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org