fstat64 filesize problem

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Feb 13 15:02:05 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:53:05PM -0600, Kelledin wrote:
> On Thursday 13 February 2003 04:39 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:26:13PM -0600, Kelledin wrote:
> > > blowfish-crypt support, and I configure it with
> > > --enable-kernel=2.4.0.
> > >
> > > BTW, do NOT use --enable-kernel=current, as it introduced
> > > some obscure brokenness last time I tried it.
> >
> > This looks like FUD, What was the problem?
>
> When I did that with my somewhat modified 2.4.18 kernel on x86,
> it produced an /sbin/ldconfig that would never add anything to
> /etc/ld.so.cache.  Unfortunately, I only discovered that when I
> got around to installing XFree86 and added /usr/X11R6/lib to
> ld.so.conf--redoing the entire system at that point was
> annoying, to say the least.
>
> Removing all my extra glibc patches and going back to
> LFS-standard glibc (with --enable-kernel=current) didn't fix it.
> Removing --enable-kernel completely, or paring it back to
> --enable-kernel=2.4.0, fixed the problem.  I haven't hit any
> other glibc brokenness since then.
>
> Perhaps it's some brokenness in glibc, or perhaps it's some
> brokenness specifically in my modified 2.4.18.  Even if it is
> kernel brokenness, though, it kind of highlights that
> --enable-kernel=current is not always a "safe" choice.

Ahh, did you configure for i386 instead of i686? Somethng like
i386-pc-linux-gnu? If so, that is a known bug with glibc compiled with
gcc-3.2.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-01/msg00308.html

Fixed in glibc cvs, should be in glibc-2.3.2. This came up on lfs-support
list only a few weeks ago.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org