Going to have to convert XML to LaTeX

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 06:35:56 PST 2003

"Rainer Peter Feller" <rainer at maren.desy.de> wrote in message
news:Pine.SGI.4.44.0302141432410.322502-100000 at maren.desy.de...
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
>
> Hi
>
> > This also explains why I have been quiet. I see 160 unread emails to
this
> > list. I'll catch up soon.
>
> jup there are many, but not as many as on lfs-chat.
>
> Why are you using XML?
> I think LaTex is much better for writing books.
> And also easier to learn than XML.

Yep, I've just looked into setting LaTeX up on my Windows box in order
to write my uni dissertation on.  It looks easy enough and is all
working compiling the .tex to .dvi, .ps & .pdf.  It's taking a while to
get stuff like page layout looking how I want it but it seems much more
suited to writing documentation than XML is (speaking from experience -
having parts of my dissertation written in docbook XML already).  If
anyone is experienced with LaTeX I'd appreciate a helping hand (probably
in private as this is going OT now).

Regards,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org