Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Fri Feb 14 06:42:02 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

> LFS'ers
>
> It's not quite finished yet but there is enough here for anyone to utilise
> the new method and build a complete system. There are still some
> FIXME's in there.
>
> http://www.zipworld.com.au/~gschafer/pure_lfs.txt

Starting to look at it now.  Looks nice, but I'm not yet implementing.

A note.  In the Chapter 5 section you say:

Also, don't forget to do the chown bit:-

chown lfs $LFS/stage1

The next step is to create a "/stage1" directory on the host system. Then we
symlink it to the $LFS/stage1 directory we just created on the LFS
partition:-

mkdir /stage1
ln -s /mnt/lfs/stage1 /stage1
--------
Shouldn't the link be:

ln -s $LFS/stage1 /stage1
--------

In the Setting up the environment section, I'd suggest putting the
export and set instructions in /home/lfs/.bashrc and then doing:

 su - lfs

Also s/comamnds/commands/

  -- Bruce

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org