Going to have to convert XML to LaTeX

Charles Bowman, Ph.D. bowman at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Feb 14 11:45:26 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Because of this, I'm not simply removing the XML and only sticking to LaTeX. I
> have created a new CVS module called $CVSROOT/LFS/latex/ in which we'll be
> working on the latex conversion of the LFS book (we'll == whoever is
> interested in helping out) .

I have been working with LaTeX for four years acting as the editor of a
News Letter for a volunteer organization (www.foodshuttlewny.org). In
addition, I do all my writing at work using LaTeX (--> PDF) and cannot
remember the last time I used MS Word, or Open Office. I also know some
Python, and wrote a program which makes a LaTeX file for printing
envelopes (or addressing News Letters) using the names and addresses in
an Excel database.

I am willing to help out with the LFS book.

Charles Bowman
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org