Boot error

john john at cllug.org
Fri Feb 14 16:32:56 PST 2003

I must have entered or copied a script wrong. On boot up I recieve this
error:

You should not be reading this error message. It means that an unforseen
error took place in
/etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S40mountfs which exited with a return value of 96

If you are able to track this error down to a bug in one of the files
provided by the LFS book, please be so kind to inform us at
lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org

Press Enter to continue...

I am using LFS version 4.0
my /etc/fstab looks like this:

/dev/hda1    /boot    ext3    defaults    1 2
/dev/hda2    /            ext3    defaults    1 1
/dev/hda3    /mnt/redhat    ext3    defaults    1 1
/dev/hda4    swap                swap   defaults   0 0
/dev/cdrom    /mnt/cdrom    iso9660     noauto,owner,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1   iso9660     noauto,owner,ro  0 0
/dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy    auto            noauto,owner        0 0
none             /proc                proc            defaults  0 0
usbdevfs        /proc/bus/usb    usbdevfs    defaults    0 0

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org