Boot error

James Spinks jspinks at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 14 17:14:21 PST 2003

john wrote:
> I must have entered or copied a script wrong. On boot up I recieve this
> error:

indeed...

> [ snippperty snip ]

> If you are able to track this error down to a bug in one of the files
> provided by the LFS book, please be so kind to inform us at
> lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org

The key phrase here is 'If you are able to track this error down to a bug in
one of the files provided by the LFS book'.  Normally, these hiccups and
problems are best handled on the lfs-support list.

> [ snipperty snip ]

> /dev/hda2    /            ext3    defaults    1 1

Do the LFS bootscripts handle ext3 filesystems OOTB?  I've only every used
ext2 myself so far, but as this is the only file you have provided, this is
the only difference I noticed.

> [ snipperty snip ]

> /dev/cdrom    /mnt/cdrom    iso9660     noauto,owner,ro 0 0
> /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1   iso9660     noauto,owner,ro  0 0

Two CDROMs... that's just greedy!    ;-)

--
James Spinks

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org