Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 14 21:01:00 PST 2003

It would be good to adjust the instructions, if possible, so that
/stage1 can be readonly.

Following are some of my thoughts, I have not yet tested them so take
the suggestions with a grain of salt.

    * Perl can be installed in Chapter 5. If dynamic version is too
      troublesome, maybe a static one.
    * The reinstallation of ld (binutils) after installing Ch 6 can be
      avoided by adding /stage1/lib to then end of LIB_PATH and then
      installing ld just before entering chroot.
    * Changing the gcc spec file after Ch 6 glibc could be avoided by
      changing the spec file before entering chroot and the making a
      symlink after entering chroot "ln -s /stage1/lib/ld-linux.so.2
      /lib/ld-linux.so.2"

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/