Host distro for Building LFS

conathan at conet.dyndns.org conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 15 00:14:36 PST 2003

> "Bruce Dubbs" <bdubbs at swbell.net> wrote in message
> news:3E49EE94.1000408 at swbell.net...
>>
>> BTW, what is the least powerful LFS system?  I know someone did it in
>> a P-133, but is that the least powerful sytem that's been done?
>
> I've used a 486 SX/33 8MB RAM to build an LFS-3.3 system.

I ran a SSHD, Thttpd [a better webserver then apache (Keep it simple
methology).  would use it if it supported PHP better)], and proftpd.  Ran
fine with 8MB ram on a 386SX/25, with 4MB, I had trouble, but once I
enabled swap, it ran.

compiled a coupple things [This was LFS-3.3] (irssi, Glib, CenterICQ), but
it isn't the fastest thing in the world.

The actual LFS 3.3 system, I cross compiled...