Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Frank Gore fgore at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 15 12:20:24 PST 2003

Excellent hint, I'll be tackling it this evening :)

I did notice one other slight issue other than the ones brought up by other
people. In most cases, the commands are generalized enough so that they can
be used with different versions of gcc without having to modify them. For
example, this line:

CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe" ../gcc-3*/configure --prefix=/stage1 \
       --with-local-prefix=/stage1 --enable-languages=c \
       --disable-nls --enable-shared &&

Would work on any version of gcc 3 that the user is installing without having
to edit the command. However there's one instance:

SPECFILE=/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1/specs

where version 3.2.1 is explicitly called. This is a silly little detail, but I
thought I'd point it out in the name of "anality", since that's the whole
driving force behind Pure LFS :) I probably wouldn't even have noticed it,
except that the line immediately following this command block specifically
states:

"We recommend you cut'n'paste the above rather than type it all in..."

but when I did that, it didn't work since I was installing gcc 3.2.2.

Frank
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org