automake - missing link

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 15 14:47:02 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 08:48:11PM +0100, Christian Mudra wrote:
> Ok, this is not OT (sorry for not reading the earlier 'this is OT, send to
> blfs-dev/support' posts).
>
> When installing automake in chapter 6, I suggest also to add the following
> to the instructions at the end of the page:
>
>   ln -s aclocal-1.7 /usr/share/aclocal
>
> if not earlier, as for example gettext installs some m4-files to
> /usr/share/aclocal, so perhaps there should be a
>   mv /usr/share/aclocal/* /usr/share/aclocal-1.7 && rmdir /usr/share/aclocal
> before the link above.
>
> I don't think it makes sense to have two directories aclocal and aclocal-1.7
> otherwise.

It makes perfect sense. This has come up before.

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-book/2002/12/0097.html

The link referenced in that thread now doesn't work, here is the new one.

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2002-09/msg00002.html

This subject is also covered in the automake info pages.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org