Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 15 15:10:17 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 03:28:12PM +0100, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> Greg Schafer wrote:
> [things are shaping up]
>
> One suggestion: instead of using "/stage1" as the name for the
> directory with temporary stuff, use "/scaffolding".  It is a nice
> long name that sticks out, just like good scaffolding does.
>
> Also, "stage1" to me suggests that there might be a "stage2" and a
> "stage3", as with gcc.  "Scaffolding" implies that the next step is
> the finished product.

Thanks Alex for the suggestion. It also occurred to me there may be some
confusion with the gcc stage1 bootstrap. But we've already changed it once
and and will probably leave as is for now. 'Tis only a hint afterall. If it
(or some permutation of it) ever makes it into the book then Gerard may want
to use a new name at that point.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org