Revised LFS-4.1 release notes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 15 18:41:06 PST 2003

On February 13, 2003 12:34 am, Jostein Christoffer Andersen wrote:
> I think that you will find everything you need from this link:
>
>   http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/

I went through all that, spent numerous hours getting FOP to work nicely but
in the end it just wasn't worth the time. I'm finding now that I'm using
latex I have a lot more control over the typesetting, rather than letting a
program do this automatically do this for me.

Maybe fop runs better on a Redhat system or something like that. I don't have
the time to debug all the problems.

But like I said, the XML will not disappear right away. After we're done with
this latex version we'll have tons and tons more time to look at the XML
rendering again.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org