Problems with Pure LFS

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Feb 16 14:38:42 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 11:10:39PM +0100, Christian Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm currently trying to compile a new LFS based on CVS and with the
> Pure LFS Hint applied. My host distro is LFS 4.0.
>
> All went quite well until i approached the installation of texinfo
> in chapter 5. "make" needs autoconf version 2.54 or higher to work.
> LFS 4.0 uses version 2.5.3. After updating my host distro and running
> "aclocal", "autoconf" and "automake" several times i finally got a bit
> further but not too much:

No. You should never have to run aclocal and co. If you find that you have
to, then it is usually some sort of file timestamp problem which then causes
havoc in the Makefile by forcing targets to be remade which normally do not
need remaking.

This is nothing to do with pure LFS. It is a gerneric problem. lfs-support
comes up with this sort of problem quite often.

You need to figure out what's up with the timestamps.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org