Make check again

Arjan Oosting ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
Sun Feb 16 16:02:43 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

>>Still fails, see previous post for details. Does somebody know what's
>>going wrong?
>

> I just compiled with "-all-static" here and eveything passed. Your previous
> post seemed to indicated some sort of problem with nls. Try with
> -disable-nls then without.
Well the chapter 5 version run's "make check" succesfully, it's the
chapter 6 version (the shared version) that fails "make check". If i add
   --disable-nls to the configure line, "make check" runs succesfully.
The problem seems to be that, when the "ld bootstrap with --static" test
is run, a static version of ld is built with-nls enabled. Then libc.a is
included which defines symbols already supplied by the different object
files of ld. These nls symbols conflict, due to different size etc.
(Which possible is caused by different version of intl sources in glibc
and binutils).
I think this a non-issue for me and LFS because the shared version of ld
works fine (libc.so doesn't define the nls symbols), and the static
version in chapter 5 has got nls disabled, so i will ignore this error
for know. But thanx for your valuable input, Greg!

	Greetings Arjan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org