Make check again

Arjan Oosting ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
Sun Feb 16 18:26:57 PST 2003

Arjan Oosting wrote:
> So ld is compiled shared in chapter 6 en then nls works, but make check
> tries to compile a static version of ld with nls enabled, this doesn't
> work. In chapter 5 you compile a static version of ld with nls disabled,
>  so this version also works. Summerizing: The installed version of ld
> ALL  WORK, but make check in chapter 6 fails because it's trying to
> compile a shared version of ld with nls enabled.
> By the way: where in chapter 5 do u install glibc???
Seems that after reinstalling glibc in at the end of chapter 6,
i did an another build of binutils and it PASSED "make check"
COMPLETELY. So if we want to be completely anal, we should add an
reinstall of binutils should after the reinstall of glibc?
Well it seems to be some toolchain magic again, I hope that the PureLFS
  work will put this king of problems to bed.

Greetings Arjan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org