top 3.1.5

Kelledin kelledin+LFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 18 13:17:55 PST 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 09:37 am, Jochen Held wrote:
> Hi
>
> Problem:
> 	Toggle on the wchan-column (pressing "f", "y" ," ") in top
> leads to strange behavior.  This means top don't read any
> input and let the screen glint.  After Ctrl-C the terminal
> needs a reset to work properly.
>
> 	This seems to be a lfs-specific bug. I can't reproduce it on
> 	Debian 3.0 and RedHat 7.2 with a fresh compiled procps-3.1.6.
> 	But a static top compiled on Debian shows the same behavior
> on my LFS.
>
> System:
> 	+ post LFS-4.0 cvs
> 	+ kernel 2.4.20
> 	+ gcc 3.2
> 	+ libc 2.2.5
> 	+ libncurses 5.3
> 	+ proc-ps 3.1.5
>
> Question:
> 	Can anybody reproduce this ?
> 	Any explanations ?? patches ???

Oddly, I don't have this problem (running procps-3.1.5 here).  I
press 'f', and it brings up the screen where I select what
fields to display.  I hit 'enter' from there, and it goes back
to the process table.

' ' and 'y' work too.

My system is (almost) identical to current LFS-CVS...the only
difference from yours is, I'm using kernel 2.4.18, gcc-3.2.1,
and glibc-2.3.1.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"